Orange Tree Therapy is a private solo Occupational Therapy (OT) service in Shailer Park, QLD, primarily for children from 0-13yrs and their families.
Hi, I am Clare Reabow – an OT with over 20 year’s experience – although I feel younger than that makes me sound!
I love working with children and families. Having BOTH Paediatric and Mental Health experience allows me to provide blended and dynamic interventions (both assessment and treatment) for what your child and family needs.
Examples of just some difficulties that may be referred to OT:
- Self care (tying shoelaces, knife and fork skills, buttons etc)
- Socio-emotional difficulties (including anxiety)
- Relationship difficulties
- Attention and concentration deficits (including ADHD)
- Visual perceptual skills
- Fine motor skills ( including handwriting)
- Sensory profiles and processing
- Sensory Integration
- Gross motor skills
Approved Provider of Better Access to Mental Health Care Initiative – able to accept Mental Health plans
Practice based in Shailer Park, occasional school and home visits are also available.
School hours only
Free off-road parking available
A bit about this OT Service in the meantime:
- Practice based in Shailer Park – School hours only.
- Primarily clinic-based.
- Free off-road parking available.
- All sessions are 60min.
- Occasional school /home visits are also available on request (from 2nd session onwards)
- Questionnaires (for both home and school) are emailed out to parents when a session is booked and are completed and emailed back before the first session. This allows parents chance to give feedback, raise concerns and gives OT chance to prepare, gather history preparation and make the most efficient use of time.
- Parents/ Carers are encouraged to sit in on sessions and will be given chance to provide feedback and ask questions – allowing a dynamic and collaborative approach.
- There is usually a waiting list, however this can be discussed, and approximate wait time clarified with me when you make contact. It also gives us a chance to check you at the right place.
- OT and Allied health professionals are not authorised to make a diagnosis, or prescribe mediation, however we are used to working with those that have a diagnosis or are in the process of having one confirmed. Confirming a diagnosis and prescribing medication is up to a doctor. We do work closely with doctors and assist them with our observations (to assist with diagnostic clarification as appropriate). We are focused in trying to assist with development and improving skills and function, regardless of diagnosis.